Prodigi Group is a technology and manufacturing business specialising in the creation and fulfilment of high-volume, customised products. We help companies selling personalised products to simplify their supply-chains and maximise their profits. We’re creating a platform which allows anyone to turn any digital image into any physical product and have it manufactured anywhere in the world. We consider ourselves an infrastructure business using software to build a global fulfilment network for personalised products.
2019 has been a big year for us, with work towards growing our client base by heavy development on a new Shopify app. We’ve expanded our fulfillment network to boost our product range and global reach, and have recently acquired another print-on-demand company to further push forward our solution. There is a very high demand for Shopify support from our clients and you will get to help artists, illustrators, photographers, brands and bands across the world to build meaningful businesses. You will have real impact.
Your role would be to take the lead with our Python backend of our Shopify service plus others. Mentoring more junior members of the team in Python and software development generally, as well as members more familiar with different tech stacks and languages. You will be heavily involved in the overall direction of our services, and will be relied upon to make decisions regarding its structure, build process and code maintainability.
We're a fast growing tech startup, with a great work life balance and a real interest in helping you develop your career.
We’d like to work with someone who...
● Is comfortable taking a lead on architecture and technology choices, and enjoys working with other great developers.
● Takes the initiative - we’re a small company still, so we’ll expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on.
● Wants to grow with us. As we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams
● Likes automation. Our tech team is currently 20 strong, and we process and print over a million items a month. We manage this by automating aggressively.
Our core tech stack
● Python 2 and 3
Experience that would be useful (though we’re open minded):
● Devops automation including Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, containerisation and orchestration
● Designing, building, consuming APIs
● Understanding of Microservice Architecture
● C# .Net Core
● Experience with Shopify integrations & application development would be great
● We use lots of other stuff too - but if you’re the right candidate, you’ll enjoy picking up any new tools or frameworks you don’t already know.
● Competitive salary and a great work-life balance - you will have 25 days holiday per year, flexible hours and flexible working location.
● We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences and backgrounds lead to a workplace that's better for everyone.
● Spec your own development machine, and work in a company that takes tech seriously and likes to do it well.