Prodigi Group is a technology and manufacturing business, specialising in the creation and fulfilment of high-volume, customised products. We were recently ranked 14th on the Sunday Times Fasttrack list of fastest growing UK companies.
We help companies selling personalised products to simplify their supply-chains and maximise their profits. We’re creating software which allows anyone to turn any digital image into any physical product and have it manufactured anywhere in the world. We consider ourselves an infrastructure business, using software to build a global fulfilment network for personalised products.
Despite the challenges brought on by the Coronavirus pandemic, 2020 has been an exciting year for us. As well as scaling our core API services and growing our Shopify app, we are investing heavily in new technology products to support a wider range of print on demand merchants. Specifically, we have released the first versions of our print shop and book maker and look forward to building on this foundation.
Your role would involve joining our Python backend team and working on the development of these brand new print portals. You would help mentor more junior members of the team in Python and software development generally, as well as members more familiar with different tech stacks and languages. You will be heavily involved in the overall direction of our services, and will be relied upon to make decisions regarding its structure, build process, and code maintainability. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to hone their technical skills while taking on responsibility in leading a development team.
Based out of Second Home Spitalfields, we're one of the UK's fastest growing tech startups, with a great work life balance and a real interest in helping you develop your career. The team predominantly works from home currently, supported by a strong remote working infrastructure to thrive in this post-COVID world. We hold regular Zoom events to make sure all team members stay connected and in-the-loop, including daily stand-ups, weekly demos, planning sessions and retrospectives, and wider company events. Our goal is to remain flexible, supportive, and safe both for staff who wish to remain remote as well as those who want to return to the office as regulations allow.
We’d like to work with someone who...
● Is comfortable taking a lead on architecture and technology choices, and enjoys working with other great developers.
● Takes the initiative - we’re a small company still, so we’ll expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on.
● Wants to grow with us. As we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams.
● Likes automation. Our tech team is currently 20 strong, and we process and print over a million items a month. We manage this by automating aggressively.
Our core tech stack
● Python 3
Experience that would be useful (though we’re open minded):
● We love full stack developers. Experience with or appetite to contribute to front end projects would be a big plus.
● Devops automation including Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, containerisation and orchestration
● Designing, building, consuming APIs
● Understanding of Microservice Architecture
● C# .Net Core
● We use lots of other stuff too - but if you’re the right candidate, you’ll enjoy picking up any new tools or frameworks you don’t already know.
● Competitive salary and a great work-life balance - you will have 25 days holiday per year, flexible hours and flexible working location.
● We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences and backgrounds lead to a workplace that's better for everyone.
● Spec your own development machine, and work in a company that takes tech seriously and likes to do it well.