2017 has been a big year for us with International expansion, a company acquisition and many significant client wins.
We’re now looking for a Financial Controller to take overall responsibility for our financial accounts, performance analysis, business reporting and to build a high calibre finance team from the ground up.
As Group Financial Controller you will work closely with the board, taking on day to day responsibility for all areas of the accounting and control function.
You will be involved in everything from double entry on the general ledger and financial admin such as paying suppliers, right up to preparation of the monthly results pack, and dealing with our external accountants.
As a business operating globally you will also work with external consultants to ensure our sales tax triangulation controls are optimised for all parties, setting up and overseeing the addition of new operating companies in any new jurisdictions deemed strategically important.
You'll be a key part of the senior team, overseeing migration of our financial systems to Netsuite and therefore experience with this platform is highly advantageous.
You will initially have one direct report and be responsible for their ongoing training and development.
Specific job functions include:
- Growing the finance team and reporting directly to the main board.
- Leading the month-end close process and review of monthly management accounts to ensure accurate and timely financial information is provided to the exec team and the board.
- Preparing the weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts for revenue profit and cash.
- Preparing monthly payroll and managing payments.
- Control of our cash resources ensuring funds are run effectively throughout the Group including comparison against budget and analysis of variances and trends.
- Enthusiastically manage debtors to ensure cash optimisation.
- Continually improving the control environment and governance within the finance team and the wider business through effective policies and processes.
- Driving improved commercial initiatives through supporting the other areas of the business through providing financial insight.
- Responsible for all statutory reporting requirements with Companies House and HMRC in the UK, Netherlands and US authorities.
- Consideration as to currency management to minimise exposure to currency fluctuations.
- Preparing for and management of the external audit process and liaison with the auditors.
- Liaising with Tax consultants as required.
- Leading and controlling expenditure and staff expenses.
- Looking to constantly improve and evolve the financial function including reporting, systems and processes.
We are looking for a qualified accountant, ideally with experience in a fast-paced high-growth startup.
You will be tech-literate, knowing the difference between lean startups and MVPs and have ambitions to develop into a FD/CFO role as the business matures.
The ability to scale from low-level day-to-day book-keeping to high-level preparation and analysis of management accounts, whilst getting involved in regular ad hoc and project work, is essential.
You will be proactive, flexible and willing to take on project new tasks as required.
Specific attributes we’re looking for include:
- A qualified accountant through ACA/ACCA/CIMA who is academically strong.
- Around 3+ years PQE.
- Experience outside of practice and in a startup environment is beneficial.
- Experience in preparation of quarterly VAT returns – knowledge of ESS rules an advantage.
- Understanding local requirements for accounting for subsidiaries in the UK, Netherlands and, potentially, USA.
- Commitment and drive to be solution focused; ability to get stuck in and complete whatever work is necessary.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Experience with NetSuite financial management solutions (preferable).
- Salary £55,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
- Opportunity to grow in a board level executive role with a fast growth technology startup.
- Autonomy to design the entire finance function and build your team around you.
- Competitive salary and a great work-life balance - you will have 30 days holiday per year, flexible hours, flexible working location.
- We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences and backgrounds lead to a workplace that's better for everyone.